Due to Covid, we will be closing for the winter, starting in mid-December. But when we open back up in April…
We want you safe and sound during your visit with us, so we will continue to comply with all local and national requirements and guidelines concerning COVID-19. This means that we’ll also be looking to you, our amazing guests, to help ensure the well being of all of us either working or staying at the Inn.
We will constantly be modifying our guidelines, as we navigate these waters, as things shift and recommendations and requirements change, we will update our website accordingly.
Your Role as a Guest of Idlwilde
- Please don’t travel if you have a fever, cough, or shortness of breath. Any guests who exhibit symptoms consistent with the Coronavirus will get a refund and be required to leave. Call us if your plans need to change for health reasons.
- Bring your face mask, and use it in accordance with New York State law and CDC guidelines.
- Respect social distancing regulations by making use of our expansive mansion, lawns, arbor, gazebo and porches.
- Don’t hesitate to talk or text with your Innkeepers, so that we can provide you with updated information, and keep you abreast of any changes at the Inn or our broader community.
Housekeeping and Other Hospitality
- We will be paying special attention to the daily disinfection of all public spaces, including door handles, counter tops, and light switches.
- In-room housekeeping is back, but we will only be entering your room after you have left for the day, so that housekeeping can perform this important work. We have also removed non-essential decorative items from all spaces, including pillow shams, throw blankets and pillows.
Breakfast and Bringing Takeout Back to the Inn
Guests can dine in their room, or in socially distant public spaces at the Inn (outdoor dining preferred when weather allows). Breakfast hours will be expanded to accommodate assigned eating times or socially distant options. The kitchen will be off limits, but we can help you warm leftovers or find utensils, if you need for your takeout meals.
Local Attractions and Activities
We have two fantastic apps that will enhance your experience with us. TouchStay is all about staying at The Idlwilde and Frictionless is about what is open (restaurants, wineries, breweries, distilleries, creameries, cider houses, and what is available to do while here, like hiking, kayaking, and more.) Also, check out our latest summer activities blog for an insider’s guide on how to best spend your summer vacation here in the Finger Lakes.
We're Here for You!
All of us at Idlwilde Inn are committed to your safety and well being. We will continue to provide you with clear communication during this rapidly changing situation and thank you greatly for your patience and flexibility.